The Employment Exchange enrolls the Un-employed youth to assist them in getting Employment opportunities. Based on their Educational qualification, age, caste and registration seniority , their names will be sponsored against the vacancies notified.
District Employment Exchange:
It deals with candidates of SSC to Graduation, B.Ed., T.T.C., Diploma , I.T.I and all Language Pandit training Cources , Computer & Typing courses and all Certificate courses passed.Online Registration: From January, 2018 on wards total Employment Registrations and renewals along with additional qualifications are done in online portal only for the convenient of unemployed youth.
Overview of Employment Services implemented in Employment Exchanges:
- Registration of unemployed youth of district according to their qualification
- Render employment assistance to job seekers.
- Assist employers in recruitment of personnel by sponsoring suitable registrants.
- Furnish information on unemployment and also employment trends to the planners.
- Render vocational guidance to employment seekers and students.
- Motivate and assist unemployed youth in taking up self-Employment ventures.
- Collect information from employers about their future man power requirements, assess the availability of required personnel and submit that information to Directorate and DGE&T, New Delhi.
- Undertake occupational research and make available career literature to students and job seekers.
- Enforcement of Employment Exchange (compulsory notification of vacancies) Act, 1959.
The functions performed by the Employment Exchange are Two types:
a). Regulatory functions.
b). Promotional functions.
PROVIDING EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE TO UNEMPLOYED:
The Employment Exchange provides employment assistance to the employment-seekers in the district in various ways by registering the unemployed youth names between 10:30 A.M to 1.30 PM in all working days at DEE, Warangal Urban .
- By regulating the registrations through renewals that is made once in three years with a grace period of 6 months in all working days.
- By updating the qualifications, subsequently acquired by the registrants at the request of the applicant and also the primary information given by the registrant also can be changed at the request of the registrant.
- By sponsoring their names to the employers in order of seniority in the ratio of 1:20 in conformity with the conditions of eligibility prescribed by the employer , including the rule of Restoration, wherever applicable.
- Under various programs like Rajiv Udyoga Sree, unemployed youth are being placed in private sector by identifying the immediate vacancies in private sector and conducting job melas for the benefit of unemployed youth thereafter placing them in private sector.
COLLECTING EMPLOYMENT MARKET INFORMATION:
The District Employment Exchange implements the Employment Market Information program of Government of india. Under this program, employment information is collected from various employers on an “Establishment reporting system” Under the Employment Exchange (compulsory notification of vacancies) Act, 1959, the particulars of the Establishments viz., public sector Establishments and private sector Establishment employing 25 or more number of employees on their rolls in the district on quarterly basis. The information such as occupation and educational qualifications also has to be furnished for every 2 years (Even year by public sector and Odd year by private sector) The data so received from the employers through the above returns is consolidated and sent to the Directorate and to the DGE&T, New Delhi. This data is being used by the planners, policy-makers, guidance-counsellors etc.
ENFORCING THE EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGES (COMPULSORY NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES) ACT, 1959:
The District Employment Exchange enforces “ the Employment Exchange (COMPULSORY NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES) ACT, 1959” in the territorial jurisdiction of the district, for the purpose inspections of employer’s records are done regularly. Non-rendition of prescribed statistical returns is also considered as an offence and compliance ensured.
PROVIDING VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE TO YOUTH:
At Employment Exchange, Employment Officer (VG) Gives guidance by various methods like pre-registration Talk, registration guidance, Individual counseling, Group discussion and Review of old cases. The officer also maintains occupational information files, occupational information room and makes case studies of the youth guided
At educational institutions, officer delivers career Talks, organize career corners, conduct career Exhibitions organize career conference etc. Through these Group methods of guidance, necessary awareness is created among the youth so that they can plan their career well and pursue it as per the existing economic realities and job market trends.
PROMOTING SELF-EMPLOYMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
The vocational guidance Unit also promotes the concept of self employment among, the educated unemployed youth. This is done in the wake of the dwindling number of job opportunities in the organized sector and the increasing steps taken by the Government to liberalize the economy and promote self-enterprise.
Information about various self-employment schemes introduced by the Government for the rehabilitation of the educated unemployed youth is collected and complied and for guiding them towards self-employment.